Counselling and Psychotherapy in Wimbledon and New Malden
Welcome to my website...
I AM NOW SEEING CLIENTS FACE-TO-FACE AGAIN BUT WILL ALSO CONTINUE TO OFFER SESSIONS ONLINE.
Choosing a therapist can be a daunting task whether this is your first time and you are not exactly sure what it is all about or whether you have had counselling in the past and are looking to return.
I hope this website will answer a lot of the questions and concerns you may have about counselling.
A brief summary about why counselling and what to expect:
There will always be times in our lives when we will feel overwhelmed with our emotions. We may have experienced a crisis that has left us feeling lost, alone and afraid. We may be unable to cope with things in the way we used to. We may feel hurt, angry or anxious. Or even confused and stuck about certain relationships and life events. If so, then talking with a therapist can help.
Counselling and psychotherapy offers a safe and non-judgemental space to talk through and explore all the thoughts and feelings you may be struggling with. It will help you to understand and accept the causes of your distress and then find ways to move forward. It is a space to talk and be listened to.
We use the first session - the initial assessment - to just talk about your situation and work out the sort of help you need. It also allows you to assess me and decide if you feel safe and comfortable with me. This is important if we are going to work through difficult issues together.
Please read the other pages of this website for a more in-depth explanation about counselling. If you have any concerns or questions then please contact me and I will be happy to help.
My name is Lesley Millane and I am an experienced and qualified psychotherapist and counsellor with my private practice based in Wimbledon and New Malden.
All sessions are strictly confidential and in Wimbledon there is a waiting room and receptionist on hand to make all clients feel welcome. I see clients during the daytime, evenings and Saturdays.
I offer sessions both on a long-term and short-term basis, depending on the client's needs and I deal with a variety of issues. These include:
- Anxiety and Panic Disorder
- Depression and Stress
- Low Self-Esteem and Lack of Confidence
- Addictions and Drug and Alcohol Dependency
- Bereavement and Loss
- Eating disorders - including binge eating
- Relationship Issues, Separation and Divorce
- Trauma, Rape and Childhood Abuse
- Anger and other Emotional Difficulties
Other services that I offer:
- Relationship/Couples Counselling
- Clinical Supervision
Insurance Companies I work with:
Contact Details for Counselling in Wimbledon and New Malden
Mobile: 07961 998 117
Please leave your name, contact details and a short message if you get the answering machine and I will return your call as soon as possible.
All enquiries will be strictly confidential.
South West London
- The Clinical Supervision training at the Metanoia Institute is an excellent training and takes a relational approach to supervision. I have been a clinical supervisor since 2005. I supervise therapists on a private basis. You can read the supervision page of this website for more details.
- The Summer School event for 'Developing Skills in Couple Work at The Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships - This is an excellent training and gives so many new insights into working with couples. If you work with couples then I strongly recommend it.
- The year Diploma with the Relate Institute for accredited therapists is an excellent course. It gives advanced skills in the practice of Couples Counselling and an advanced academic training in the theory of couples-based counselling. I was amazed at how much more I learnt as a therapist.